Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fingers are crossed - the going is good these last few days

MOW are still in - (for 3 days) - they're mincing the meat for us.  New pill organiser I got for Mum to help her work out what day it is (and me to track her medicine taking) is "sticking" after I went over its workings several times and filled it with her.

We're going to sort out some legal stuff on Thursday - then I'll have everything crossed that the JP will allow us to sign a new Power of Attorney as the old one's lost - of course!

And Friday - unknown to Mum yet -  I have a great homecare service coming to meet her.  Hope she's in a good mood for that.

Lots happening but, as I said to my son, its all only holding things at the bare minimum - we've still got to do the forward planning for residential care.  No-one knows when that will become necessary.

3 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job Paula! This Alzheimer journey is incredibly hard. Take one step at a time. Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these things are so hard, but as you take care of each item, you'll feel so much better. I hope it goes well with the homecare service!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments. Homecare service looks good - though for Mum there is no reason for it, she's accepting it, and legal stuff appears to be OK. She's not talking about cancelling Meals on Wheels anymore, for which I'm very grateful! Need all the help we can get!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!