Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Co-operation

I am surprised how much Mum is co-operating with these medical appointments.  I hope its a breakthrough in being able to influence her to do what's needed to get the care she needs - which she has resisted for years.  She got a letter from the GP today asking her to go in to discuss the CT scan after she'd arranged the blood test.  So we easily made the plan for her to get blood tests as tomorrow then make the appointment with GP for me to go with her on Friday/.  She was quite willing, even while voicing anxiety about finding out something is wrong or being told to have another horrible test like that (the CT scan).  So that's a tick.  Have to remember the ticks.  Even if she doesn't carry out tomorrow's plan, I feel like we're getting somewhere, and I can help her do that another day.  Indeed I was surprised the GP actually wrote to her - I  wonder too what the CT report showed that he wants to discuss.   Hope its not something bad  - well can't be good really - maybe the least bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!