Saturday, November 5, 2011

One day at a time, one step at a time


On some days, like today, I remember to be grateful my mother is still in this world. (I'm always glad she is, but sometimes forget to remember the good things too). I can still call her on the phone and hear about her early life, hear in her voice that she is glad to talk to me, and that she is finding life OK today. That she's doing things they way she wants - getting up at 12 midnight to wait for the milkman to deliver the milk at 2am which she'll bring inside then so its fresh. Seems crazy to us. We suggest lots of alternatives, to no avail. Doesn't matter to her. She sleeps a lot in the day, doesn't have a whole lot to do, and it seems the most logical thing for her. But I digress - this blog is to focus on everything is alright in the world right now. I got a few more details to put in my story of her early life, so that's nice too. We left the conversation to have a cup of tea - always loves a cup of tea, Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!