Thursday, November 17, 2011

CT Scan - Step 1 of medical tests.

Poor Mum, I felt so sorry for her.  Everything is difficult. When we arrive at the scanning place, she doesn't recognise the shopping centre she used to know.  Its not a very friendly place - all business like - forms to fill - no-one talks to anyone anymore - they'd rather you fill out a form.  Why are forms better than conversation between human beings?  You'd think there was a shortage of human beings, rather than the opposite!  I help her, write for her in the end as every question's a bit puzzling for her, especially when she can't make out why we're here at all!   Luckily the ct scan itself doesn't take long, and they decide against giving her dye which might feel weird or cause ghastly effects.  She tells me after how strange it all feels and how she hopes not to ever have to do that again - and why are we doing it anyway?  I explain again.

We have a look at the photos of her brain when we get home - she's interested, even though we've no idea what to make of them.   When I leave she thanks me for coming with her, says if she hears anything from the doctor about it she'll let me know.  Doesn't know yet that I'll be coming with her to the doctor, after I've first manouvered her to have the blood test, which in 2 weeks she's not had done in spite of planning to do so.  Don't need to discuss that today - one step at  time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!