Sunday, January 8, 2012

Phone Call To Lala Land

..where Bonnie lives presently.

- I've been upstairs all day today (oh, I wonder what that means)
- No, I haven't noticed the cool breeze - yes the windows are shut in the living room.  You just have to shut them, and open them again, with the changing weather ( I suggest, again, it would be cooler if you open one - when am I going to give up on using logic?)
- Well, I'll have to go shopping tomorrow, I haven't anymore bread - its a bit hard without bread
- What will  you eat tonight?
- Oh I have some vegetables - (lists food - protein has not featured for a while now except the dairy kind - milk and yoghurt - and the many lollies she enjoys and will shop for.)  (I foolishly suggest less lollies, again - muttering about diabetes...)
- I can see in the mirror how wide I am getting. (And tells me exactly which of the 4 or 5 different kinds of lollies she eats when)  Maybe you'll need some new clothes then.  Oh I have another dress - I'm not worried about that. (Someone else will have to start worrying about it soon then)
- Are you finding it difficult to get to the shops? (She does not answer directly but i wonder if she might be and think about introducing the idea of someone taking her shopping, sooner rather than later)
- I've been listening to Tchaikovsky - lovely music (oh good, music still works)
-Saw a program on TV about miners  (she's remembering how to work the new TV then - another tick)
- Yes, I got the milk alright on Friday - i got up at 1 o'clock (morning) and it was there, so I just brought it in and it was still cold (Oh, good,  I say - i've stopped introducing logic to this topic!)


Am I getting better at speaking lala?  I'm a slow learner i think.
But she's happy - and I'm very glad of that today.


Its like having a conversation on 3 levels - listening, responding, decoding, making mental notes for my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!